Monday, March 31, 2008

New Universal/Republic Artist "Problem"





Transitioning his nickname from the basketball court to the rap game, Problem accepts nothing less than success. After all, he was taught that if you work hard, you get what you want. He never wondered “if” he would get a deal, but “when.” And after Universal caught wind of his single, “I’m Toe Up” on Power 106, it was only a matter of weeks before his fate was sealed on the dotted line of a recording contract.

Combine the song range of Ludacris, the style of Juelz Santana and Lil’ Wayne and the West Coast claims of Snoop and The Game, and you’ve got Jason Martin, a.k.a. Problem. Neither Blood nor Crip, the Compton dweller reps his own set. “People think because I’m from Compton and rap I have to do this,” he points out. “Fuck that. I do what I want to do.”

No comments: